Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Promote Your Book for Free!

For me today is promotion day. I've got Steve Weber's Plug Your Book in hand and am ready for my first blitz. I've gone through the book and circled some of the things I can do to promote my photography books easily on the Internet.

Here's what I've come up with thus far. All of the following is free:

1. Get more Amazon reviews for my San Francisco book. To do this I'll contact people who have written reviews for similar books and offer them a complimentary copy of my book for a review. I'll use Amazon friends to send a message.

2. I'll contact old media outlets such as Library Journal asking them to write a review of my book.

3. I'll build a blog for my new upcoming series 101 Quick and Easy Secrets.

4. I'll create a Web site for 101 Quick and Easy Secrets on Google sites.